Tier 4 (Child) student

  • Home
  • Tier 4 (Child) student

Tier 4 (Child) student

You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK. Your child can only be educated in a fee paying school.

You must also:

  • have a place on a course

  • have the consent of your parent or guardian

  • have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs

  • be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland meet the eligibility requirements

There will be no change to the rights and status of EU nationals living in the UK, nor UK nationals living in the EU, while the UK remains in the EU.